Sunday 16 September 2012

Top 10 things not to say on your first day as a police officer!


What follows is an excerpt from my book "I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service". Available from Amazon in paperback and Kindle format. I hope you enjoy it.



10 things not to say on your first day:
-
I can’t wait to finally get out there and crack some skulls!
-
Why don’t they make the hot WPC’s wear skirts anymore?
-
With all this police intelligence and systems, there must be a way to find out that girl’s phone number from Saturday night.
-
I’m an undercover reporter for The Sun.
-
Dude, I was so drunk last night, I don’t know how I drove here this morning!
-
So when do we get the guns?
-
Do we really have to seize all this money? I’m sure if we get our stories straight we can keep a little for ourselves.
-
No-one will talk down to me now I’m a cop. I’ll show them all who’s a sissy now!
-
Everyone’s tried cannabis before. I don’t understand why it’s illegal. Where is the drugs safe by the way?
-
Half the people in this job are only here because they ticked a box you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment